Friday 24 September 2010


Hello, James et al. This is "OTTO". It's is one of my latest designs. Since I create illuminated objects, I'm always at the mercy of the store-bought incandescent bulbs that are commercially available. It's never easy to work a standard bulb into a design especially since the bulbs are so dull and recognizable. I try to locate the most unusual bulbs and they're getting more difficult to find. To address this, I have begun modding the bulbs themselves. Here I cut away the round, glass envelopes on the CFL bulbs. These bulbs have unusually small spirals and I found them to be very attractive. I also added brass coverings on the bases and industrial porcelain sockets. Thank you for looking.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the post Art. Another beautiful piece. Fascinating idea on modding the bulbs. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete